Fall/Winter Local Vegetable
subscriptions are open!
For just $20/wk you can get fresh locally grown produce
from Arizona's top sustainable farms!
Check here for availability
Other options for Home Grocery Delivery / Free & Reduced Meals
- Gallery of Food (Online Grocery with exclusively local products)
- Tucson Food Share (Free Groceries & Limited Home Delivery)
- Tucson CSA (Pick up weekly produce box)
- Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona (Free Groceries & SNAP Farmers Markets)
- Forbes Meat Company (Local Meat, Local Butcher)
- Southwinds Farm CSA (Local Vegetables for Weekly Pick-up)
- Riverview Farm (Urban Farm with a website)
If you need groceries delivered to you, or someone you know, at no cost
reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WELCOME TO PIVOT DIRECT!
HOW IT WORKS
- Subscribe to a Fall/Winter2020 Produce Box.
- Consider donating a produce box. We will deliver boxes to families in our community at no cost to them.
- Want to add local Coffee, Eggs, Beans, Fruit, Honey, Bread... to your order?
Check out the add-ons page! You will have to log on every week to put in your add ons (we'll send you a reminder too).
- Your vegetable subscription, as well as any add-ons, will be delivered on Fridays. Or can be picked up at the Pivot warehouse Friday 10-3pm or Saturday 10-Noon.
It's what we do, it's how and why we got started - we pivot as a response to our local community. Today, however, is calling for a type of pivot a few of us could have imagined.
Pivot Direct is our call to action upon the innumerable stressors our communities are currently experiencing due to the COVD-19 pandemic. To best serve our community, we have scrambled to launch home delivery of locally grown and sustainable foods to neighborhoods through Tucson, placing special attention to assist those of us in the highest need.
By activating the buying power of our communities, Pivot Direct ensures the financial health of our local farms (who are working hard to support all of us!). Your support and participation provides food relief to families in need.
We bring fresh vegetables directly to your front door every week, maintaining much-needed community involvement during these times of social isolation.
It is critical to our mission that our process is completely transparent to our customers.
Based on prices established by the farmers, the Summer Mixed Produce box will cost Pivot $10.
Profits are converted into locally grown produce purchased from our farm partners and redirected into the community with the help of partner organizations like Tucson Food Share, IRC Tucson, Imago Dei School, Sol Initiative, Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona, and La Frontera. Our partner organizations help us distribute locally grown produce for free to over 500 families weekly free of cost.
A breakdown of expenses for Pivot Direct:
With over 15 years in the restaurant/vegetable distribution industry, we take food safety very seriously. Our facility is equipped with hot hand-washing, plenty of sanitizer, and inspected regularly by the Arizona Department of Agriculture. The limited staff that come in direct contact with your vegetables have completed Arizona Food Handler Certifications and are committed to ensuring the well being of our community.
Regional food supply chains, such as Pivot Direct, mean there is limited human contact with your foods.
Farmer --> Pivot Direct --> You.
Given the nature of our current pandemic, our sanitation procedures are intensified and we are staying up to date on any additional CDC recommendations.